Best Free Newsletter Software
If you want to know what the best free newsletter software is for small business owners, you’re in the right place, for when it comes to choosing a free newsletter software provider, you have a variety of options.
Before you decide on a newsletter software provider though, you need to think carefully about what you need the newsletter software to do.
THIS POST MAY CONTAIN AFFILIATE LINKS. PLEASE READ MY DISCLOSURE FOR MORE INFORMATION
Newsletter Software Features
Not all email automation software is created equal. Some will offer the minimum amount of features at the free level while others may have too many options for your needs.
Knowing what you need to use it for will help you decide which email automation software is right for you to create free newsletters.
- A sender address option, so that you can customise the ‘from’ part to be someone your recipients are familiar with.
- Segmentation. Not everyone on your email list will want to receive your newsletter. Being able to segment your email list means less chance of people unsubscribing.
- Certification. You want your email automation software to be certified, and not blacklisted for spam! Otherwise, your emails will just end up in spam / junk / promotions folders.
- Detailed reports. If you have an aim with your newsletter, you may want to be able to see more than just an open rate or click rate. An email automation software that offers detailed analytics may be necessary for you!
- Duplication. I very rarely start a new email from scratch, preferring to select one of my best ‘open rate’ emails and simply editing with new fresh content. It helps to stay consistent.
- Automation. Being able to set up newsletter sequences means that I can be sure that there is regular emails being sent to my audience, building the know, love and trust factor.
Best Free Newsletter Software Options
If you’re just wanting to offer a free newsletter sign up, then your options for the best free newsletter software will be:
TinyLetter is part of Mailchimp – see later on in this list for more on them!
- Completely free
- No analytics – not designer for business use
The Sendinblue free plan is a great free newsletter software. You get:
- Send up to 300 emails per day
- Unlimited contacts
Zoho has a free plan, called Forever Free. On it you get:
- 12000 emails per month
- Up to 2000 contacts
SendPulse has a free plan and has some great reviews. Free plan:
- Up to 2500 email subscribers.
- Up to 15,000 emails
I actually use Mailchimp for one of my businesses, and the newsletter I create for my other half’s publishing website. I know many of my biz besties also use it, as they enjoy the ease of use, and functionality of their system.
It is probably one of the most recognisable and best free newsletter software options around! On the free plan you get:
- Up to 2000 subscribers
- 12,000 emails per month
I feel like MailerLite is one of the newbies on the block, but it’s been around since 2009! I’m still making use of their free allowance for my Eve Tokens email list. On the freebie plan you get:
- 1000 subscribers free
- Unlimited emails per month
It isn’t as ‘pretty’ to use as Mailchimp, nor is it as intuitive, but it does the job well enough for me.
There you have it. A comparison of the best free email marketing software companies!
Now that you’ve gotten the lowdown, you’re all set to sign up and start using them to create free newsletters. If you want to know more about newsletters and why you should be using them, the following posts will probably be super helpful to you too:
• What Is A Newsletter Used For
• Importance Of Email Marketing For Business
• How To Design An Email Newsletter